To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-free resort town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with (CPMS) is tasked with stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and residents to town based on the sales flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and delighting visitors and lodgers to the Destination of Las Catalinas in order to begin a second sales flywheel of attracting, engaging, and delighting previous visitors and guests and converting them into homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique flywheel allows for the continuous growth of Las Catalinas wherein every new homeowner’s commitment results in the growth of the destination of Las Catalinas.
E-commerce Department Head, and Director of Marketing and Sales
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs
- We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
- We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
- We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to support our E-commerce team in effectively building Beach Town Travel’s digital marketing goals through integrated campaigns, media and channels.
The ideal candidate will have integrated marketing, channel management and content creation experience, with a passion for thinking both creatively and analytically. In this role, you will be executing campaigns and media strategies, maintaining and enhancing digital channels and creating assets to attract, engage, and delight customers successfully with the goal to ultimately create champions of Town.
- Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the company; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
- Be the in-house expert and champion of the many different brands of the Enterprise. Ensure the brand identities and messages are consistent across all channels and marketing efforts.
- Work with cross functional teams to gather and synthesize key inputs necessary to develop campaign strategies.
- Define asset development needs with cross functional teams to ensure tight development of tactical plans back to overall campaign objectives by channel and customer types.
- Collaborate with team members to help meet their needs through different channels and actions and ensure consistent communications through all channels.
- Create and implement content calendars that fit within the brand guidelines and campaign needs, with the goal of driving engagement of the targeted audiences across all relevant channels – Websites, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, HubSpot Emails, etc.
- Create audiovisual content and copy (including translations) for each channel and coordinate brand aligned content production with third parties when needed.
- Develop all marketing briefs for cross functional partners and agencies where relevant to bring ideas from concept through execution, always keeping our brands and customers in mind.
- Proactive management and update of different channels.
- Manage the day to day communication with third parties such as agencies.
- Create branding, copy and audiovisual guidelines.
- Assist operational teams with asset creation and concept development needs.
- Ensure social media comments inquiries are being responded to and followed up on.
- Perform other tasks as necessary or required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Must have attention to detail and organization skills
- Must have the physical ability to stand, sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time and perform site inspections throughout town
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills in both English and Spanish (maybe even a third language!)
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries, building cross-functional relationships and advocating for brand outcomes
- Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the property; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
- Is creative problem-solver who loves a challenge
- Thrives in a goal – based atmosphere
- Is insightful and innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Knowledge of social media platforms, Hubspot CRM, Adobe Creative products,
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, media studies or relevant field study
- Experience in working with or across multiple marketing channels and managing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience with branding and content planning, creation and production.
- Strong notions of storytelling, design, photography and videography.
- Solutions-oriented, proactive person who thinks analytically and is able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Organizational skills
Goals for your first 90 days
- Create an audit calendar and Standard Operating Procedures Checklist for the maintenance and management of all current digital channels.
- Create a social media comment and inquiry best practice manual for BTT Travel Agents.
- Develop and maintain the posting schedule and content distribution schedule across relevant channels.
- Successfully launch an integrated marketing campaign to launch a new residential product type in El Prado for the Residential Sales Team.