Our Purpose: To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good
life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Mission: Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-
free resort town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with
(CPMS) is tasked with stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and
residents to town based on the sales flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and
delighting visitors and lodgers to the Destination of Las Catalinas in order to begin
a second sales flywheel of attracting, engaging, and delighting previous visitors and
guests and converting them into homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique
flywheel allows for the continuous growth of Las Catalinas wherein every new
homeowner’s commitment results in the growth of the destination of Las Catalinas.
Core Values & Beliefs:
• We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with
respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
• We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
• We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do
what we say we are going to do.
• Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good
businessperson does not mean being stuffy and boring.
• We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least
the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal
• Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each
other is critical to our success.
• We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own
problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
• We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we
see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
• We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
• We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
Title: Video Specialist for Creative Studio
Reporting to: Head of Visuals
B Squad is a creative production studio in Las Catalinas. We happily create things. We are looking
for a Video Specialist to participate in the creation of video and audio content that meet project spec
and brand standards and guidelines. The candidate who will thrive in this role is a jack-of-all-trades
in the video creation landscape, a hands-on video enthusiast with capability to effectively carry out
tasks at pre-production, production and post production stages. The right candidate must have a
high level of technical expertise and attention to detail. They will communicate and work closely with
the Head of Visuals.
- Create tools, equipment and props.
- Define equipment needs for shoots.
- Set-up and handle all equipment during indoor and field shoots. Control lighting, capture audio and shoot video. Show other team members to do this.
- Be in charge of the set up and all technical aspects of live streams.
- Overview all technical aspects of shoots and streams when collaborating with 3rd party vendors.
- Use a variety of digital skills to turn audio samples, recorded video footage and graphics into a finished product: Material selection, editing, creation of supporting graphics and animation, mastering finished products in the required formats and archiving existing projects.
- Manage and organize the audiovisual content portion of the Studio’s archive.
● Has a strong understanding of the storytelling aspect in both shooting and editing video.
● Extremely resourceful. Proves great videos can be made and with limited tools.
● Fascinated by analogue as much as digital. Enjoys the manual processes.
● Able to adjust, as a project needs change, and be able to meet deadlines, with excellent
time management skills.
● Flexible and with a positive attitude. Open to guidance and looking to work in a
collaborative team environment.
● Anxious to get their hands dirty and create work.
● Knowledge in photography and a good understanding of motion graphics are a big plus.
● In-depth knowledge of use of sound, video, and lighting equipment.
● Advanced knowledge of filming and sound mixing techniques.
● Handy and with excellent troubleshooting skills.
● A keen eye for detail and beauty.
● Great physical fitness.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● An interest in industrial essay films, motion graphics, internet culture, artisan trades or
outdoor sports is a plus.
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in film studies, audiovisual tech or a similar field.
- Work Experience: Experience in a production studio is a plus.
- Language: Great written and oral skills in both English and Spanish.
- Technology: Expert in Abobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, and other standard industry post-production video tools. Photoshop is a plus.