We are looking for a Sous Chef available to go beyond in service and execution.
Celeste Restaurant - Las Catalinas has an exciting opportunity for an energetic F&B leader support to assist Executive Chef with an opening that will become the trendiest venue in town, if you are passionate about Food & Beverages and have a strong background in managing busy high-quality restaurants & lounges ideally combined with some pre-opening knowledge and language skills English)
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Excellent understanding of different cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of cooking with ingredient limitations (gluten-free, dairy-free, sugarless, allergies, etc.) •Have strong communication and listening skills and level of responsibility, respect, and patience.
- Ability to work all stations in the kitchen at a very proficient level for an upscale restaurant.
- Ability to work under pressure while performing assigned tasks with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously during a shift to perform essential job functions.
- Be a proactive, problem-solver, think about win-win, team player, and have effective communication.
- Supervises all employees in all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and kitchen service areas.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
EDUCATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Sous chef, chef de partie, or Food & Beverages Areas.
- Must have computer skills that allow performing the management of the office package such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and additional tools of information, and be able to manage the schedules of staff.
- Speak and write English and Spanish (desirable) languages.
- Being Familiar with hospitality management software, like Opera, Micros, Soft-land, Microsoft Teams, Dynamics, OpenTable, and Office Package