To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Satisfy the customers’ needs with confidence and consistency, offering high quality financial products and services through a committed work team that provides personalized, agile and timely advice.
Finance Director, Oscar Cornejo
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs
We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
We love Costa Rica and are a positive influence in the country.
We care about nature and work hard to protect and enhance it.
Carry out audits and reviews of the administrative areas of the different companies managed by our company, to promote efficiency in the development of its functions and verify compliance with them.
- Responsible for maintaining ledger and reconciled balance sheet accounts, along with residential finance tasks.
- Responsible for supervising other areas within the Accounting department including, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting.
- Good understanding of the month-end process, which includes preparation of financial statements, adjusting entries, provisions, intercompany entries, and reconciliations for all the company's balance sheet accounts.
- Perform all daily, monthly and periodic accounting and financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in physical inventory counts and subsequent accuracy of counts, pricing, and valuation.
- Protect cash assets by using daily / monthly bank reconciliations, counting cash from all banks issued, including the general teller, and reporting any discrepancies to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist with month-end adjusting entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare the necessary supporting or working documents to provide analysis and control over the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and for the purpose of internal and external audits.
- Have a working knowledge of all areas of Finance to ensure coverage can be provided for vacationing employees.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Management and knowledge of systems, Micros, Opera, Softland.
3-5 years of verifiable experience in management positions and management of work teams similar to the position in condominiums-hotels, or related.