Inventory and Revenue Technician
To run and maintain the connectivity of our Property Management System to all distribution channels ensuring the correct data is shared across all sales platforms.
Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-free resort town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with (CPMS) is tasked with stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and residents to town based on the sales flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and delighting visitors and lodgers to the Destination of Las Catalinas in order to begin a second sales flywheel of attracting, engaging, and delighting previous visitors and guests and converting them into homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique flywheel allows for the continuous growth of Las Catalinas wherein every new homeowner’s commitment results in the growth of the destination of Las Catalinas.
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs
- We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
- We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
- We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
The Inventory and Revenue Technician is responsible for supporting the Revenue Management and Sales Teams to implement inventory and marketing strategies for maximum return on investment. They will be responsible for auditing, updating and maintaining inventory data across systems and websites including Opera, SynXis, Sabre, OWS and subsequent CRM workflows. This role ensures all rates and seasons have the correct rate determined by the Revenue Management and Sales Teams.
- Assist in developing, auditing, and maintaining all revenue management related systems; SynXis (SABRE), Opera/OWS (Oracle), Opera/OXI (Oracle), PBX (Avaya) and Hubspot.
- Develop automations and integrations for selected new and existing distribution channels.
- Coordinate modifications to revenue management related systems with the CRM Specialist, Revenue, Sales, IT and Marketing Teams.
- Data analysis and data model design and development, including code debugging, query analysis and performance tuning, system interface design, development and testing.
- Monitors and ensures inventory has optimal website display for content, calendar, and parity on BeachTownTravel.com and SantarenaHotel.com.
- Monitors and ensures inventory has optimal website display for content, calendar, and parity on all other third party distribution channels.
- Develop connectivity with the OTA market segments by developing integrations and finding technical solutions for data parity and automation.
- Provide reporting and analyst assistance to all lodging revenue departments.
- Create and maintain rate codes for all published rates, packages and promotions in Opera and SynXis.
- Liaise with teammates to ensure data parity for all selling channels via automations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field study
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Experience with Synxis (Sabre), Opera (Oracle), OWS (Oracle), PBX (Avaya)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to demonstrate key insights translated to fact-based decision-making
- Strong, comfortable IT (Information Technology) foundation is required: Proficient in Excel, Opera, SynXis, Microsoft Office, Windows. Knowledge of Hubspot is an asset
- Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the property; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
- Knowledge of hospitality systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Is insightful and innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Must have attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is creative problem-solver who loves a challenge
- Thrives in a goal – based atmosphere