Our Purpose: To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good
life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Mission: Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-
free resort town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with
(CPMS) is tasked with stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and
residents to town based on the sales flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and
delighting visitors and lodgers to the Destination of Las Catalinas in order to begin
a second sales flywheel of attracting, engaging, and delighting previous visitors and
guests and converting them into homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique
flywheel allows for the continuous growth of Las Catalinas wherein every new
homeowner’s commitment results in the growth of the destination of Las Catalinas.
Core Values & Beliefs:
• We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with
respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
• We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
• We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do
what we say we are going to do.
• Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good
businessperson does not mean being stuffy and boring.
• We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least
the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal
• Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each
other is critical to our success.
• We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own
problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
• We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we
see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
• We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
• We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
Title: Head of Writing for Creative Studio
Reporting to: Creative Studio Head
B Squad is a creative production studio in Las Catalinas. We happily create things. We are looking
for a Head of Writing for the studio to craft engaging, customer-focused brand content, products
and experiences. This person will collaborate with a cross-functional team to ideate creative
concepts and develop and oversee written projects through execution.
The candidate who will thrive in this role is constantly coming up with exciting ideas, has expertise
in all things related to writing and copy editing, from creative writing to copywriting, technical writing,
poetry, script and interview writing, storyboarding, journalism, research and more. The right
candidate must have a contagious passion for words and communication. This person should have
strong organizational skills and is a leader who inspires the team.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to conceptualize and develop strong, consistent brand narratives that educate and inspire, and create meaningful engagement with our customers.
- Ideate creative direction when it comes to copy, voice, and storytelling.
- Write, edit and translate (English to Spanish and vice versa) all forms of written content and needs.
- Plan and oversee all written production done by B Squad team or by 3rd parties. Responsible for end-to-end delivery of this creative process.
- Create the process, guidelines and definition for B Squad’s written storytelling and for brands.
- Collaborate, communicate and work closely with the Studio Head and Writing Head during all stages of project development.
- Find 3rd-party vendors to collaborate with, and nurture these relationships. Provide them with direction.
- Define spec and bring the brand vision, through words, across work produced.
- Manage the written content portion of the Studio’s archive.
● A strategic writer who can determine how to tell brand aligned stories in different formats,
mediums, channels and in the social realm (physical space).
● A brilliant, multifaceted writer with strong creative ideation.
● An open, patient and willing collaborator who is excited to guide and work with people
across various platforms.
● Detail oriented and organized.
● Decisive and very curious about processes.
● A creative thinker who understands the importance of user experience in storytelling.
● A hands-on proactive 4WD team player always enthusiastic about creating work. Able to
solve issues in a practical way.
● Passionate about exploring genres and formats.
● An interest in literature, art, internet culture, the outdoors, nature, architecture, urbanism or
science is a plus.
● Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines.
● Experience overseeing copy and content direction for a wide range of genres and channels
including print, web, video, apps, social media and email.
● Expertise in working through multiple projects at once, prioritizing, and constantly
presenting and implementing process solutions.
● A pro at working cross-functionally with ease and efficiency.
● Must have a portfolio of strong and varied creative work.
- Academic: Bachelor’s Degree, focus on a field such as journalism, creative writing or literature is a plus.
- Work Experience: 5-7 years of writing and editing experience, with at least 3 years of creative project production and management. Experience in media channels, agencies or in-house creative departments is a plus.
- Language: Bilingual (English and Spanish) or a native English speaker with excellent Spanish. Any other language is a plus.