Purpose: To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good life" into
something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Mission: Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-free resort
town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with (CPMS) is tasked with
stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and residents to town based on the sales
flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and delighting visitors and lodgers to the Destination of
Las Catalinas in order to begin a second sales flywheel of attracting, engaging, and delighting
previous visitors and guests and converting them into homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique
flywheel allows for the continuous growth of Las Catalinas wherein every new homeowner’s
commitment results in the growth of the destination of Las Catalinas.
Reporting to: Director of Marketing and Sales, Renae Johnson
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs:
• We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given
responsibility respond by giving their best.
• We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
• We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say
we are going to do.
• Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not
mean being stuffy and boring.
• We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same
vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
• Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical
to our success.
• We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and
we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
• We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge
difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
• We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
• We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
The town of Las Catalinas is best experienced when full of vibrant visitors, lodgers and homeowners who share the common desire to live better for a day, week, sabbatical, or as a permanent lifestyle change. The E-commerce director will own the performance of existing and new digital channels to grow the total number of delighted visitors, lodgers and residents in Las Catalinas. This position will direct the digital commerce strategy and execution, digital performance marketing and on site operations. The E-commerce Director will have experience driving growth for ecommerce businesses, delivering a best-in-class and engaging customer experience, and using analytics to evaluate and drive strategic initiatives. The position will work collaboratively with cross functional departments to drive sales, profits, and customer development across the portfolio of brands.
● Partner with PR, Creative, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations teams to build the eCommerce
strategy, establish sales plans and align with overall enterprise strategy and financial goals.
● Own the Beach Town Travel P&L. Formulate sales plans and budgets across each brand and
department. Manage and monitor all eCommerce related expenses to balance growth and profit efforts
against financial objectives. Leverage operational synergies across brands to improve profitability.
● Lead PR, Web-development, Revenue, Analytics and Marketing Teams to successfully execute sales
plan and budgets.
● Partner with PR, Creative, Marketing, Sales and IT to develop the digital roadmap, execute the digital strategy and achieve a best-in-class site customer experience.
● Partner closely with the Creative team to align on key objectives and messaging to build brand equity through site experience. Develop and execute the content management and digital promotion strategy.
● Define the strategy for Paid & Organic Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Display and email performance marketing initiatives in collaboration with digital marketing agencies. Manage performance marketing customer acquisition and conversion goals at acceptable ROI and cost per customer.
● Drive innovation by collaborating with cross departmental teams to explore and establish new e-
commerce websites for additional sales opportunities throughout the enterprise.
● Drive innovation by monitoring competition and exploring strategic vendor opportunities to build sales and customer engagement on the sites with vendor partner and agency support. Manage relationships with eCommerce vendor partners and agencies.
● Work with the Creative and CRM team to develop brand segmentation lead qualification communication strategy.
● Utilize Google Analytics, operation system reporting and other reporting tools to identify and action on customer trends and consumer reaction to sites. Use data to inform business decisions.
● Coordinate projects with technical teams, sales teams and internal stakeholders on key site enhancement projects.
● Coordinate with cross functional teams to manage site content, site merchandising, operational
merchandising and customer service.
● Coordinate with the teams overseeing site operations and customer service.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, Spanish a plus
● Is insightful and innovative, honest, trustworthy and professional
● Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure.
● Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the company; embrace and respect diversity and multicultural environments.
● Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, develop, and grow teams. Able to manage up, down and across with results.
● Bachelor's Degree or higher, MBA a plus
● 7+ years of eCommerce / Digital Marketing experience
● Proven experience driving performance marketing strategy and email marketing
● Detailed understanding of end-to-end eCommerce processes, including clear understanding of website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality
● Extreme attention to detail, excellent follow-through skills and time-management skill.
● Possess an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality, manage
merchandising a site, lead customer service and seamlessly ensure site operations are fully functional
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
90 Day Goals
● Review and propose updated Beach Town Travel Service Level Agreement between E-commerce and
Lodging Sales teams.
● Draft brand segmented communications road map for the digital buyer’s journey for divisional approval.
● Collaborate with the Homeowner Services Team to launch a digital homeowner portal.
● Collaborate with Residential Sales Team to launch Residential Sales landing page for 30 new homes for sale on lot 84.
● Create draft full lodging sales conversion funnel reporting overview for divisional, leadership, and General Partner approval.