Purpose: To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good life"
into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Mission: Beach Town Travel is a marketing and sales partner of Las Catalinas, a largely car-free
resort town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Beach Town Travel in conjunction with (CPMS) is
tasked with stimulating growth in the number of visitors, lodgers and residents to town
based on the sales flywheel approach of attracting, engaging, and delighting visitors and
lodgers to the Destination of Las Catalinas in order to begin a second sales flywheel of
attracting, engaging, and delighting previous visitors and guests and converting them into
homeowners in Las Catalinas. This unique flywheel allows for the continuous growth of
Las Catalinas wherein every new homeowner’s commitment results in the growth of the
destination of Las Catalinas.
Reporting to: Director of Marketing and Sales
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs:
• We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect
and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
• We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
• We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what
we say we are going to do.
• Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person
does not mean being stuffy and boring.
• We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the
same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal
• Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other
is critical to our success.
• We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own
problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
• We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a
huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
• We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
• We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
The town of Las Catalinas is best experienced when full of vibrant visitors, lodgers and homeowners who share the common desire to live better for a day, week, sabbatical, or as a permanent lifestyle change. The Head of Commercial Leasing oversees all aspects and needs of commercial partners in Las Catalinas and is directly responsible for the financial performance of the commercial leasing budget.. The Head of Commercial leasing ensures that all Commercial Partners are delighted to have their businesses in Las Catalinas and are thriving.
● Own commercial leasing budget. Formulate event plans and budgets, manage and monitor all
event related expenses to balance growth and profit efforts against financial objectives. Leverage
operational synergies across teams to improve commercial partner profitability.
● Define the Operations, Property management and Tenant relations
● Collaborate with commercial partners, e-commerce, marketing, and operational departments in
Las Catalinas to ideate, coordinate, organize, communicate, and participate in onsite demand
generating and customer delighting events. Provide and implement thoughtful feedback for future
events. Inform and foster collaboration with commercial partners for each event.
● Act as tenant representative and adversary for commercial partners ensuring that operations are
in compliance with all contractual, regulatory and legal requirements including salud ocupacional
and town wide policies.
● Create and develop a team of commercial partner agents to ensure all leased properties are
managed, needs under leasing contract are met. Ensure commercial partners are engaged,
informed of upcoming demand generating events, and are delighted with their experience as
commercial partners in town.
● Create and set culture of delighting commercial partners by coordinating and facilitating all
commercial partner needs with property management and Homeowner Commercial Leasing Rep.
Oversee all work order flows, approvals, and communication until completion.
● Create and set schedule of monthly meetings with each commercial partner to facilitate any
needed work orders, sell ancillary services, inform of upcoming events, and review completed
work orders. Set annual leasing contract performance reviews. Set leasing contract negotiations
● Ensure that commercial and visitor policies and procedures are regularly updated and followed,
rent collection procedures are created followed, and occupancy levels are at budgeted levels.
● Create or collaborate on marketing programs to expedite the lease up of new and existing
properties in town.
● Collaborate with Guest Services and Operations to continuously enhance the vendor and visitor
arrival and departure experience.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
● Must have attention to detail and organization skills
● Must have the physical ability to stand, sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time and perform
tours throughout town
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
● Thrives in a goal – based atmosphere
● Is insightful and innovative, honest, trustworthy and professional
● Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while
working under pressure
● Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the company; embrace and respect diversity
and multicultural environments
● Staff management and supervision skills, ability to train others
● 2+ years experience as a commercial tenant representative or property manager
● Strong management, supervision, Budget preparation, analysis, monitoring skills
● Strong conflict resolution, de-escalation, and negotiation skills, team-building, problem-solving, and
● Ability to review and analyze contracts and municipal permitting requirements
90 Day Goals
● Set a meeting with each existing commercial partners, relay relevant feedback and information,
and enter and successfully follow up with any new work orders required out of the meetings.
● Establish a protocol, timeline, meeting minute format, and guideline for quarterly commercial
partner meetings, lease contract negotiations, and lease expiration dates.
● Collaborate with e-commerce, marketing, creative and operations teams to ideate, execute,
communicate, attend, and provide feedback on 1 demand generating and 4 delight events in
● Create a draft of commercial benefits received and SLA for each commercial area assessment.