We are looking for an Executive Chef available to go beyond in service and execution.
Celeste Restaurant - Las Catalinas has an exciting opportunity for an energetic chef leader to take the lead in opening of what will become the trendiest venue in town, if you are passionate about Food & Beverage have a strong background in managing busy high-quality restaurants & lounges ideally combined with some pre-opening knowledge and language skills English)
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and kitchen service areas.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. • Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times. • Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Sous Chef
EDUCATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Head Chef and Sous chef, and experience in a Mediterranean kitchen.
- The Chef must have the computer skills that allow performing the management of the office package such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and additional tools of information, and be able to manage the schedules of staff.
- Speak and write English and Spanish (desirable) languages.