To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Satisfy the customers’ needs with confidence and consistency, offering high quality financial products and services through a committed work team that provides personalized, agile and timely advice.
Director of Finances, Oscar Cornejo
Las Catalinas Core Values & Beliefs:
We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
We love Costa Rica and are a positive influence in the country.
We care about nature and work hard to protect and enhance it.
The Construction Comptroller has the main responsibility of organizing and directing the administrative and financial activities of the Construction department.
- Responsible for directing, coordinating, managing and supervising the activities of the financial process corresponding to the construction of units and projects, in an integrated manner.
- Keep records and carry out accounting operations derived from the execution of the construction budget.
- Maintain updated information regarding financial availability and commitments.
- Keep all accounting records updated, as well as their supporting documentation, for the consolidation of the developer's financial statements.
- Inform the Financial Direction of the income received by the Developer (Construction Company) and the expenses incurred.
- Process payments to contractors, supervisors, suppliers, as well as any other financial obligation of the developer.
- Support the activities and coordinate with the construction projects in the preparation of the preliminary budget of the Institution and consolidate it.
- Support the preparation of the budget of the units with the construction department and consolidate it.
- Adjust the preliminary construction budget based on the approved budgetary ceilings in the costs of each unit for sale.
- Verify the budget availability of the purchase orders, in order to properly record the budget commitment and to ensure credit with the budget. Budget preparation for Construction, Infrastructure and Architecture Projects.
- Plan and prepare financial reports for the company and its projects, profit and loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow and budget control.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations of the company and its projects.
- Reconciliation of resources corresponding to projects and products in execution.
- Monthly and annual tax returns.
- Review of costs, progress of works, construction percentages, advances, withholdings, distribution of the cost of each project.
- Verify the numerical accuracy of accounting documents, vouchers, accounts and other supporting documents.
- Carry out the periodic closings of the accounting cycle.
- Perform the other functions that are necessary to guarantee the improvement and normal functioning of the administrative and financial area.
- Review of the correct entry of information to the system.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Accounting Auditing.
Verifiable experience in a similar position and in construction and development companies.
Advanced management of Microsoft Office programs and excellent knowledge of AutoCAD design and visualization software.
Interpretation of plans (plus).
Management and extensive knowledge of Softland.
Bilingual Spanish - English
3-5 years of verifiable experience in management positions and management of work teams similar to this position.
Knowledge in SAP AND PEP.