Our Purpose: To build a delightful town that transforms the way the world thinks about "the good
life" into something healthier, more connected, and more sustainable.
Mission: The Santarena will be the pearl of the town of Las Catalinas, by both defining its
center and by epitomizing the life that the place stands for - a life where people and
their wellness are the first priority, where nature is cared for and enjoyed, and
where running into friends and strangers is the best part of a day. The vestibule of
Santarena is not designed to be awaiting space for a hotel, it is designed to be the
living room of a town. Stories will be told, and stories will be created. You will have
the feeling of being part of the great tradition of the world's best tropical gathering
places and might expect to see Hemingway writing over in the corner.
Core Values & Beliefs:
• We respect the individual and believe that individuals who are treated with
respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
• We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
• We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do
what we say we are going to do.
• Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business
person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
• We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least
the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal
• The clarity in understanding our mission, our goals, and what we expect from
each other is critical to our success.
• We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own
problems and we are always responsive. We are customer-driven.
• We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we
see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
• We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
• We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.
Title: Concierge Agent
Reporting to: Front Office Manager
We are looking for a friendly, professional, and customer-oriented Concierge Agent to join our
team. As the Concierge Agent, you will make sure that owners, residents, guests and visitors feel
welcome and are well looked after. Your role will include overseeing employee schedules, front
office staff training, and performing the basic reconciling of receipts.
You need to have good people skills, a professional appearance and be highly organized to be a
successful front office manager. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service and office
● Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s
● Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
● Team player
● Good time-management skills
● Great interpersonal and communication skills
● Keep front desk clean, tidy, and supplied with all the necessary supplies
● Greet, communicate with, and welcome guests
● Handle all social media responses, reviews, pre-arrival process
● Review daily room assignation, room moves, out of order, and housekeeping task reports
for stay over ( daily housekeeping cleaning and turn down)
● Coordinate with Food & Beverages all amenities requested prior arrival or special occasion,
VIP, Site Inspection, Planning Visit, Groups, Wedding and others.
● Keep the office in order
● Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management, and basic bookkeeping
● Answer all the customers; questions and address their complaints
● Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
● Receive letters, packages and send them to the appropriate destination
● Prepare and manage outgoing mail
● Check, sort, and forward emails
● Monitor office supplies
● Place supply orders when necessary
● Monitor and update records and files
● Monitor and log office expenses and costs.
● High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
● Proficiency in English (oral and written)
● Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
● Excellent communication and people skills
● Good organizational and multitasking abilities
● 5 years of experience as a Front Office Manager or similar role
● Knowledge of office machines (e.g. scanner, iPad, pc, fax, printer, etc.)